Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Have not tried these yet... Another one from the "Tightwad Gazette."
- 1⁄4 ounce yeast
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- Combine yeast, water, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour and knead until dough is smooth.
- Shape dough into pretzel shapes, using extra water as "glue.".
- Place each pretzel on a greased cookie sheet.
- Brush with egg and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees.