Recipe by children from A to Z
I am posting this here so I don't lose it. This is from a lady at church who gives my family cookies every other Thursday. We attend a small church with only 3 families with children, including mine. She makes the best cookies. I hope you enjoy these as much as my family does.
- 2 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 2 large eggs
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour (2-4T.more for high altitude)
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, stir together brown sugar, oil, applesauce and eggs until blended.
- In another bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Add flour mixture to sugar mixture and blend well.
- Roll dough ino 1-inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees until tops crack and cookies just begin to brown, 10-14 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheets and cool on wire rack.
- Makes 30 large cookies.