Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A different way to serve tacos. Very tasty and fast to make with on hand ingredients.
Make and share this Soft Corn Tortilla Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- Combine all ingredients in bowl using a wire whisk.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet to medium high.
- Lightly oil the pan.
- Add enough batter to make a thin pancake (I usually use a 1/2 cup measure), swirl the batter around the pan to get a uniform thickness.
- Brown lightly, about 2 minutes then flip and brown lightly on the reverse side.
- Separate pancakes with paper towels, serve warm with your favorite taco or enchilada fillings.
Wow! I've repeatedly failed at making tortillas; they always come out hard, probably because I try to cut back on the fat. These are great! After first making them as described, I experimented with making them a little healthier -- I used whole grain oat flour (ground oats) and no oil. Now I have a guilt-free tortilla recipe! Thank you!
This was a very interesting batter. I can see where you could fill it with a Mexican style filling, or more of a crepe one. I liked the pancakes best when they were thin, rather than on the thick side. Thanks for sharing!
Just what I was looking for. I hate using a rolling pin, but love fresh tortillas. Thought I was going to have to only have tortillas for special occasions. Even though they are not exact, they are still good enough. I prefer corn tortillas, BF prefers flour. Perfect compromise with this recipe. Thanks.