Recipe by SingingHarmony
A different way to serve tacos. Very tasty and fast to make with on hand ingredients.
Top Review by YoungEngineer
Wow! I've repeatedly failed at making tortillas; they always come out hard, probably because I try to cut back on the fat. These are great! After first making them as described, I experimented with making them a little healthier -- I used whole grain oat flour (ground oats) and no oil. Now I have a guilt-free tortilla recipe! Thank you!
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal (I use fine texture)
- 2 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in bowl using a wire whisk.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet to medium high.
- Lightly oil the pan.
- Add enough batter to make a thin pancake (I usually use a 1/2 cup measure), swirl the batter around the pan to get a uniform thickness.
- Brown lightly, about 2 minutes then flip and brown lightly on the reverse side.
- Separate pancakes with paper towels, serve warm with your favorite taco or enchilada fillings.