Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
These cookies weren't supposed to be! A Zaar chef, who shall remain nameless, ;) posted a recipe for a chocolate cookie with pb chips in it. But instead of listing butter as the first ingredient, she accidentally listed peanut butter. After I had mixed everything together, I knew something was wrong because I ended up with a bowl full of crumbs, not dough. To try and salvage the ingredients, I added the milk, left out the pb chips and formed them like traditional pb cookies. Thankfully, the resulting cookies were soft and tasty so I decided to share. :)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup cocoa
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup milk (or more if necessary)
- Place peanut butter and sugar in a large bowl and beat until thoroughly combined.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
- Alternately add with the milk to the peanut butter mixture, mixing thoroughly. (How thick your peanut butter is will determine if you need more milk or not.).
- Roll into one inch balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Use a fork to flatten with the traditional crisscross pattern of a peanut butter cookie.
- Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Allow to cool on cookie sheet slightly before removing to a cooling rack.
The ratings were so good, so I made a batch and I could barely taste the peanut butter. The cocoa flavor was strong, but they weren't sweet enough. I added some peanut butter chips to the last pan of cookies, it helped, but sorry, will not make again.
I've made these 3 times now and I love them! They're soft and chewy, and amazingly only 100 calories or so a cookie.
I made these cookies on 12/21/07,and I'm so embarrassed that I haven't rated this until now.The smell as they were coming out of the oven was great,and the taste of the warm cookie was very good.But I must say that as they cooled the cookie seemed to lose some of the "chewy" texture.Not sure if I will make these again,but thanks for posting."Keep Smiling"