Recipe by Manda
Even if you don't care for pineapple, this soft and chewy cookie is fantastic! Mom's recipe (and her favorite, as well). Have to laugh, every time I make them, she CANNOT walk past them without taking one. You can add chopped nuts, too if you are a nut fan :)
Top Review by MizzNezz
Manda, your Moms favorite cookie is now my favorite cookie. I adore pineapple. I made these for a neighbor, then had to do it again for us! I took the advice of the previous reviewer and put wax paper between layers of cookies.I baked mine for 12 minutes. So easy to make, and SO good to eat!
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir vanilla into pineapple; set aside.
- Cream shortening, sugars and eggs.
- Add pineapple and stir until well blended.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder; mix well.
- Stir flour mixture gradually into pineapple mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.