Even if you don't care for pineapple, this soft and chewy cookie is fantastic! Mom's recipe (and her favorite, as well). Have to laugh, every time I make them, she CANNOT walk past them without taking one. You can add chopped nuts, too if you are a nut fan :)
- Stir vanilla into pineapple; set aside.
- Cream shortening, sugars and eggs.
- Add pineapple and stir until well blended.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder; mix well.
- Stir flour mixture gradually into pineapple mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
Manda, your Moms favorite cookie is now my favorite cookie. I adore pineapple. I made these for a neighbor, then had to do it again for us! I took the advice of the previous reviewer and put wax paper between layers of cookies.I baked mine for 12 minutes. So easy to make, and SO good to eat!
These are fantastic cookies. The only thing I would add is a note saying not to stack these cookies as they will stick together. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
i made them, very tasty...not too sweet...but i was disappointed because they weren't chewy...more cakry...but substituted canola oil for the shortening so that may be why. all in all, a great cookie to have w/tea.