Even if you don't care for pineapple, this soft and chewy cookie is fantastic! Mom's recipe (and her favorite, as well). Have to laugh, every time I make them, she CANNOT walk past them without taking one. You can add chopped nuts, too if you are a nut fan :)
- Stir vanilla into pineapple; set aside.
- Cream shortening, sugars and eggs.
- Add pineapple and stir until well blended.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder; mix well.
- Stir flour mixture gradually into pineapple mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.