Recipe by Wendelina
Chewy chocolate cookie with a chocolate glaze. This is a Bakers Chocolate recipe.
Top Review by Suzanne S.
These are so delicious! At first I thought they weren't done in the middle, but have faith! They are moist and delicious, and work perfectly. Love that glaze, too. Thanks for posting, Wendelina!
- 4 unsweetened chocolate squares
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, frozen
- 6 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
Directions See How It's Made
- Microwave unsweetened chocolate and butter 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is smooth.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Cover and refridgerate 1 hour to make dough easier to handle.
- Shape into 1" balls and place on cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 for 8 minutes or just until set. Do not overbake!
- Let stand 1 minutes and remove from cookie sheet. Cool completely before glazing.
- Put frozen Cool Whip and semi-sweet chocolate in a bowl and microwave for 1 1/2 minutes or unti chocolate is melted and mixture is shiny and smooth. Wait 1 minute before stirring.
- Stir and let stand 15 minutes to thicken.
- Spread over cookies and let stand until glaze is set.
- **Can be garnished with Christmas sprinkles or frosting to make holly and berries.