Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Think this came out of Sesame Street Magazine. I love this at St. Patrick's Day.
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour milk (1 tblsp vinegar, wait 5 min)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Stir flour, baking soda and salt together.
- Cut in butter, until mixture resembles crumbs.
- Pour in sour milk.
- Knead dough, cut cross at center and bake for 40 minutes.
This was a nice, simple bread; we really enjoyed it with our soup. It took less than 15 minutes to prepare, too. I made a half-recipe and just baked it for a little less time than indicated. The half-recipe made four large chunks of bread (about four servings, I would think). Thanks for sharing this one!