Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Cooking Light May 2004.
Make and share this Soba Noodles With Broccoli and Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 6 ounces uncooked soba noodles (buckwheat noodles)
- 1⁄4 cup sake (rice wine) or 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
- 3⁄4 lb chicken breast tenders, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 3 cups quartered mushrooms
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup red bell pepper, strips
- 1 tablespoon bottled ground fresh ginger (such as Spice World)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Combine sake and the next 4 ingredients (sake through crushed red pepper) in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; stir-fry 4 minutes or until done. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm. Heat 1 teaspoon vegetable oil and sesame oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and remaining ingredients; stir-fry 4 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Return chicken to pan; stir in sake mixture. Cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Serve over noodles.