Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I have been a member forever and never thought I had a recipe good enough to publish, this soup is awesome!!
- 1 cup corn
- 2 zucchini
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli
- 1 medium onion (I prefere vidalia)
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 2 cups chopped ham
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 lb Velveeta cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen hash browns (shredded)
- chopped crispy bacon (for topping)
- melt the butter in a large soup pot (non-stick is preferable).
- saute onion, chives, broccoli, zucchini, and corn in melted butter for about 7-10 minutes. The onions and broccoli should be soft before your next step.
- add ham, chicken broth, water, potatoes (hashbrowns), and spices (feel free to put your favourite spices in).
- heat to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer until you potatoes are soft. about 20 minutes or so.
- add velveeta cheese (or cheese of your taste) at this point and keep stirring until it is all well blended and cheese is melted.
- top with additional cheese and bacon pieces.