Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is an old family recipe my mom used to make . I tweaked it to my liking . Everyone that I serve this too goes crazy !! And it is not time comsuming . ENJOY !
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (drained)
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced black olives
- 1 (28 ounce) can red enchilada sauce (the biggest one you can find)
- 2 dozen corn tortillas (yellow )
- 6 -8 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 bunch chopped fresh cilantro (optional topping )
- sour cream (optional topping )
- hot sauce (optional topping )
- Brown and drain beef.
- add in beans, chilies, and olives and about 1/2 cup of the enchalada sauce
- Let simmer while you prepare the pan.
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- pour enough of the enchalada sauce into the bottom of a 13x9 baking dish to cover the entire bottom with a thin layer.
- cut all tortillas into quarters .
- layer tri-angled tortillas on the bottom of the pan in rows about an inch apart , layerd on top of eachother (like playing cards in your hand while you are playing poker:)
- dump all of the beef mixture over the totillas pour a little more of the sauce to saturate the beef mixture well.
- put about 3/4 of the cheese over the meat mixture .
- layer another layer of the tortillas pour the remaining ench. sauce over .
- top with the rest of the cheese.
- Bake at 350 for about 45-to an hour or hot and bubbly. Let stand for about 10-15 minutes . Cut into 12 squares. Top with fresh Cliantro , sour cream and red hot sauce if you like it spicy.