Recipe by Mumma=^..^=
When I think of Xmas or Mennonite baking, I think of these delicious melt-in-your-mouth bites. When I was too lazy to make them, I used to be able to get them at the local farmers market.
- 1 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons icing sugar
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 cup almonds, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter until creamy; add sugar and blend some more. Mix in the flour, nuts, vanilla and water.
- Chill until firm enough to shape with your fingers into small round balls.
- Bake at 400 F for 10 minutes, but watch them - remember they are snow drops, shouldn't even turn golden.
- Roll in sifted icing sugar as soon as you remove them from the oven. Mmm, toasty fingers coated in melted sugar!