Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Sometimes called "Russian Tea Cakes."
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar, plus
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds or 1 cup pecans
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- Cream butter in a mixing bowl.
- Gradually add sugar (1/2 cup) and salt.
- Continue creaming until light and fluffy.
- Add nuts and vanilla extract.
- Blend in flour gradually. Mix thoroughly.
- Shape into teaspoonful balls.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325°F for 15-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle some of the confectioner's sugar over cookies while still on the sheet. Cool before removing from cookie sheet.
- Place some confectioner's sugar in a Ziploc® Brand Storage Bag and place some of the cookies inside. Gently shake well so the sugar completely coats the cookies.
- "These cookies taste best after sitting a couple of days. You can store them in the refrigerator, freezer, or at room temperature. The recipe is similar, but far superior to, Mexican Wedding Cookies. Just make sure you clean up the powder trail!".
These are AWESOME COOKIES....LOVE TO MAKE AT CHRISTMAS TIME THEY REMIND ME OF A SNOWY DAY WHEN EVERYTHING IS WHITE AND SWEET AND GOOD!!!!
Thanks for posting this recipie