Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found this recipe in an old cookbook my mom had called: Our Best Cooky Recipes. She makes these every year at Christmastime, everyone always requests that she make more since they go very fast. I always enjoyed making and eating these every year with my mom.
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups pecans, finely chopped
- 1 -2 cup powdered sugar (to roll cookies in)
- Cream butter, sugar, and vanilla until fluffy.
- Sift flour; add flour and salt to the creamed mixture, blending thoroughly.
- Add pecans and mix well.
- Shape into 1 inch balls and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 325°F for 20 minutes. (Do not let brown).
- Let cool; then roll each cookie in powdered sugar to look like little snowballs.