Recipe by Jacqueline in KY
Friend of mine gave me this recipe and I have found it to be quick, easy and oh so good!
Top Review by Shirl (J) 831
This is another one of my recipes I made this weekend for PAC... I used strawberry jello that is what I had on hand. This would be a great cake to take to a church potluck, very versatile and easy; not to mentioned scrumptious. I think the kids would love this one. it had all the things dh loves all together, cool whip and coconut. For sure a 5 star winner! Thanks Jac
- 1 (6 ounce) box lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1 (15 ounce) can fruit cocktail, drained
- 9 ounces Cool Whip, use next larger size if desired
- 6 ounces angel flake coconut
- angel food cake
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve gelatin with one-half cup of water.
- Add 1 cup of boiling water.
- Add fruit.
- Put in refrigerator and until almost congealed.
- Fold in half of the cool whip.
- Break angel food cake into small pieces.
- put a layer of cake, layer of jell-o, repeat, if enough, end with cake on top.
- frost the cake with remaining cool whip and sprinkle with coconut.
- Cooking time is about of time it takes the Jell-O to become partially jelled.
- You may also use any flavor of jell-o you desire, we just make it with lemon.