Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
I first made this recipe for a cookie swap about 5 years ago and it has been a Holiday staple ever since. These are fabulous cookies. Make sure you try one when it is still warm, it literally melts in your mouth.
- 1 (10 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- confectioners' sugar
- Melt 1 c chocolate chips in the microwave, cool. Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beat well after each. Beat in melted chocolate chips, vanilla and peppermint extract.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in remaining chocolate chips; cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-inch balls then roll in confectioners' sugar. Place 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until edges are set and centers are almost set. Cool for 10 min before removing to wire racks.