Recipe by The Scone
My favorite version of these classic cookies
Top Review by MaMa's Apprentice
Good but not great. I really liked the texture of the cookie but something seemed a little off about the flavor. While these will definitely be eaten and enjoyed, I think I will find another recipe to use next time I make snickerdoodles.
- 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar (can be omitted)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat shortening, butter, the 1 1/2 cups sugar, and eggs.
- In another bowl, stir together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Blend dry ingredients into creamed shortening mixture.
- Combine 2 Tbsp sugar and cinnamon in small bowl.
- Roll cookie dough into balls and coat in cinnamon mixture.
- Place balls two inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet and flatten with hand or underside of a glass.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes .