Prep 1 hr 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I ran across this recipe and it looked delicious!!! And it was!!!
- 1 package of plain white cake mix
- 1 cup whole milk
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 3 3⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350oF.
- Grease two round 9-inch cake pans with solid shortening and dust with flour.
- Shake out the excess flour and set pans aside.
- Place the cake mix, milk, melted butter, eggs, vanilla, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
- Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute.
- Stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat 2 minutes more, scraping the sides down again if needed.
- The batter should look well combined.
- Divide the batter between the prepared pans, smoothing it out with the rubber spatula.
- Bake the cakes until they are golden brown and spring back when lightly pressed with your finger (27 to 29 minutes).
- Allow them to cool completely (at least 30 minutes).
- Place the butter in a large mixing bowl.
- Blend with an electric mixer on low speed until fluffy, 30 seconds.
- Stop the machine and add the confectioner's sugar, 3 tbsp of milk, and vanilla.
- Add cinnamon; blend with the mixer on low speed until the sugar is incorporated (approximately 1 minute).
- Increase the speed to medium and beat until light and fluffy (at least 1 minute).
- Blend in up to 1 tbsp of milk if the frosting seems too stiff.
- Yield: 3 1/2 cups.
- To Frost Cake.
- Place one cake layer, right side up, on a serving platter.
- Spread the top with frosting.
- Place the second layer, right side up, on top of the first layer and frost the top and sides of the cake with clean, smooth strokes.
This is a very good cake recipe. Nice cinnamon flavor. Thanks for posting.
I used this recipe to make cupcakes for a bake sale, and they were great! I love the unique idea of making a "cookie flavored" cake. I didn't have whole milk, but skim worked fine too. The house smells heavenly right now! Thanks so much!
This was a huge hit with people at work! I've even had it requested from 2 of them for their birthdays.