Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe next to a Snickers coupon. It is absolutely fabulous. The Snickers is hidden inside the cookie so it makes for a nice surprise when you bite in. This cookie works perfectly as part of a Xmas cookie platter. If you are a Snickers fan, you are in for a real treat.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, mix together butter, peanut butter, and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and combine thoroughly.
- Then mix in flour mixture.
- Cover and chill dough 2-3 hours.
- To form cookie, scoop a tablespoon of chilled dough and flatten.
- Place a miniature Snickers in the center and form the dough into a ball around the Snickers.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-20 minutes.
- Cool cookies on a rack.
- Optional: Decorate cookies with powdered sugar or drizzled melted chocolate or both.
Elmolvsu, I hope you try this recipe again. They went off the plate again. I drizzle chocolate on top then sprinkle powdered sugar. USE 1 CUP OF BUTTER instead of 1/2 cup. That will probably make the difference for your flour. I yield 41 cookies. I don't use a lot of dough around the snickers. I make a ball, flatten it on wax paper, then place the snickers on top and pull the dough up around it and pinch the top together. If you like a soft cookie, 12 minutes baking time would probably be sufficient. Let us know if you have a problem, because these are fabulous and we don't want you to miss out.
These are the most melt in your mouth cookies I have ever tasted. Boy, was my family impressed! Even without the candy it would make an awesome peunut butter cookie!
I made these this weekend as part of my annual Christmas cookie frenxy. I was so happy to find this recipe as I have many snickers fans in my family. These cookies are a snap to make and are oh so yummy. This will be in my Christmas cookie file for a long time to come.