Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These patties are so moist and delicious! The homemade sauce is tasty! Baste during grilling for more flavor.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground beef
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground meat, egg and onion.
- Add bell peppers, soy sauce and ketchup.
- In a bowl, mix half and half and cornstarch.
- Add to meat mixture.
- Blend well.
- Form into meat patties (4-6).
- Place patties on preheated grill.
- Baste with sauce turning patties over from time to time for even browning.
- Grill to your liking.
- Serve with remaining sauce.
- TO MAKE SAUCE: Combine ketchup, water and lemon juice.
- Add brown sugar, Worcestershire and hot sauce.
- Add salt and pepper to your liking.
These are very moist burgers! I left out the peppers (although I think I would have liked it EVEN better with them in) as the kids don't do "green". Easy to put together and fantastic flavor! I will be making these often!