Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Rene Madsden's take on open faced smorrebrod sandwiches in small portions. Make all 4 types for a sushi style meal. (smushi is a combination of smorrebrod and sushi)
- 1 slice of high quality rye bread, buttered
- 3 slice of pink roast beef (cold)
- 4.92 ml remoulade sauce
- 4.92 ml fried onions
- 4.92 ml pickled cucumber, slices
- grated horseradish
- mustard, cress
- Cover the rye bread with the sliced roast beef and top with remoulade. On one side of the remoulade place pickled cucumbers and on the other side fried onions. Top with horseradish, cress and tomato concasse.
- Remoulade is easy made by washing the sauce of piccalilli, chop the remaining vegetables and mix them with a good quality mayonnaise.
This is just an outstanding open faced sandwich - exactly like it should be! In Denmark we call it 'smoerrebroed' :) I made Remoulade Sauce to go on top. Made by Unrulies under the Influence/ZWT 6