Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is my recipe. I've used it for over 30 years. (Took about 10 to perfect). This recipe is very good if you add some lobster meat to it.
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 5 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon blackening seasoning (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons bell peppers (red, green and or or yellow, brunoisc)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, crushed, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 lbs lump crabmeat
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Make into 4 oz. patties.
- Coat with flour and fry in 1 inch of oil until golden brown.
- Serve with remoulade sauce.
This was so good. The flavor combination was excellent. However, mine didn't hold together during the frying process as well as I would have liked. Too much oil seeped into the cakes. I would have liked a little more moisture in the mixture. I may add the whole egg to this instead of just egg yokes next time, and I can assure you there will be a next time. Thanks for sharing.
Great Recipe! Perfect taste. It shows that you have perfected each ingredient amount. Thanks for sharing it.
I had to change this up just a bit to accommodate my food allergies but these were some of the best crabcakes I have ever had! Thanks for posting!