- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 30 ounces cube steaks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups beef broth or 2 cups beef bouillon
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup red Burgundy wine
- 1 cup thinly sliced mushroom
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 teaspoons Kitchen Bouquet
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- minced garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- For steaks, in shallow bowl, mix flour, salt, and pepper.
- Coat meat with flour mixture, shaking off excess.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add meat and cook on both sides until almost cooked through and no red juices appear. Remove from heat and set aside.
- For gravy, in large saucepan, bring broth and soup to a boil.
- In small bowl, mix flour and water until flour is completely dissolved.
- Add to gravy, stirring constantly.
- Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until mixture thickens.
- Stir in wine.
- In small skillet, cook mushrooms in butter 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add to gravy with browning sauce and seasonings.
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Place meat in a shallow baking pan large enough to hold a single layer.
- Top with half the gravy. Cover with foil.
- Bake 12 minutes.
- Serve with remaining gravy.