Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A pasta pleaser
- 1⁄2 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about half cup)
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped (about half cup)
- 1⁄3 cup parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook sausage, turkey and onion in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat about 10 minutes,stirring occasionally until sausage is done; drain.
- Stir in zucchini, parsley, basil and garlic.
- Cover and cook 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes.
- Cook egg noodles as per package directions and drain.
- Toss noodles,salt and pepper.
- Top noodles with sausage mixture.
I used sweet turkey sausage to make it even lower in fat and because my wife can't do spicy. It was still excellent and really, really easy.
Dave, Had the in-laws to supper and all agreed...What a great tasting recipe! Changed it a bit when I made it...used mini penne, tripled the zucchini and browned it a bit and added a bit of homemade tomato sauce in addition to the fresh tomatoes. What is soooo pleasing about this dish is that one bite would be the mild turkey and the next spicy sausage. Talk about wake up taste buds! A define keeper. Thanks so much for posting! PS. I bet this dish will freeze well for lunches at work. Will keep you posted.