Smothered Buttermilk Chicken With Peas
- In a 4 to 6 quart slow cooker, mix together the chicken, carrots, onion, water, butter, salt, pepper, and bay leaf.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- During the last 20 minutes of cooking time, stir in the gravy mix.
- Remove the bay leaf; mix the buttermilk and flour together; stir flour mixture and peas into chicken mixture.
- Increase heat to HIGH; cover and cook 10-15 minutes or until peas are hot.
- While the chicken mixture is cooking, prepare biscuits as directed on can.
- Split biscuits; serve chicken mixture over biscuits.