Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Very simple dish that is quick to prepare and that you can throw in the oven and forget about for a while. This is good served over buttered noodles.
- 1 lb stewing beef, trimmed and cubed
- 1 can beer
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 3 large onions, sliced
- Dredge beef in flour and parsley.
- Place in a greased casserole dish.
- Pour beer over beef.
- Top with onions and cover tightly.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 2-1/2 hours.
Very tasty. I used sirloin rather than stewing beef. I would caution that one tin of beer is not enough liquid. I added water but the next time I would just add more beer -- at least half a tin and I would drink the rest!