Smothered Beef and Onions
- Ready In:
- 4 cube steaks (about 1 lb.)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 medium onions, sliced and separated into rings
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef consomme, undiluted
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- hot cooked rice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, brown the steaks on both sides in butter; remove steaks and set aside.
- Add onion; stir/saute until tender.
- Sprinkle flour over onion; stir to combine.
- Gradually add consomme and wine; cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Stir in vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Put steaks in onion mixture; cover and simmer 20 minutes or until steaks are tender.
- Serve over rice; sprinkle with parsley.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!