Steak, Mushroom, and Onion Pizza
photo by Halcyon Eve
- Ready In:
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 -2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3⁄4 lb beef sirloin steak, cut into strips
- 1 -2 tablespoon flour
- 1 (12 inch) prepared pizza crust (not prebaked)
- 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce (or to taste)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (or to taste)
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, mushrooms, and garlic and saute 1-2 minutes, or until starting to release juices. Add salt, pepper, thyme, and balsamic vinegar and stir-fry until onions are just turning brown, about 10 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In same skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add beef strips and stir-fry until browned, about 4-5 minutes. Add mushroom mixture back to skillet and cook until heated through. Add enough flour to thicken juices. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 400* F. Spread pizza dough out into a 12 inch circle in a greased pizza pan. Bake at 400* F for about 10 minutes, or until just turning pale golden.
- Spread sauce over crust. Top with about 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese (use more if desired). Place beef mixture evenly over cheese. Top with remaining mozzarella.
- Return to oven and bake at 400* F for another 10-12 minutes, or until cheese is melted with golden brown spots.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!