Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Finally! I can get the perfect s'more at home without lighting half a bag of marshmallows on fire!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 (1 5/8 ounce) milk chocolate candy bars (I use Hershey's)
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease an 8 inch square baking pan.
- Beat butter and sugar together until well blended in a large bowl. Add egg and vanilla; beat well.
- In another bowl stir together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and salt. Add to butter mixture, beating until blended.
- Press half the dough into the prepared pan. Bake 15 minutes.
- Unwrap chocolate bars; arrange over baked layer. They may not quite all fit, you may be forced to eat a couple pieces. Sprinkle with marshmallows. Scatter remaining dough over the marshmallows, forming a top layer.
- Bake 10- 15 minutes or until just lightly browned. Cool compleletly before cutting.
These are AMAAAAZING!! I made them last minute for company and despite them being warm out of the oven and falling apart they were a big hit. However, the next day they were soooo good! They firmed up into a true "bar" texture and got this gloriously chewy texture. Mom and I fought over the last piece. Try these!! But I recommend making the day before! Soo yummy, thanks!
I made this for the 4th of July. Everone raved abot them! I have to "give" the recipe to several of my friends. I guess it's going to become an annual thing!
These were easy to make and were well received by the people eating them. I would make these again, thanks!