Recipe by lazyme
This yummy chicken dish goes together easily and is great when you have some leftover ham.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
So good, and DH could not get enough of it!! Made with b/s chicken thighs, leftover baked ham slices and shredded cheddar cheese since that is what I had. Will be making this one again, it was super quick, easy and tasty! Made for Photo Tag.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- black pepper, to taste
- garlic salt, to taste
- italian seasoning, to taste
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle hickory flavored barbecue sauce
- 4 slices ham, thickly sliced
- 4 slices monterey jack cheese
- green onion, chopped
- tomatoes, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Season chicken breasts with the pepper, garlic salt and Italian seasonings to your taste (i prefer well seasoned).
- Place chicken in well greased baking dish (13 x 9) and bake in oven until juices are clear and tender - about thirty minutes - do not overcook.
- Remove from oven and pour on barbeque sauce.
- Top each chicken breast with a slice of ham and then a slice of cheese on top of ham.
- Broil or bake for five minutes,or until cheese is melted.
- Serve topped with chopped green onions and tomatoes.