Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This yummy chicken dish goes together easily and is great when you have some leftover ham.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- black pepper, to taste
- garlic salt, to taste
- italian seasoning, to taste
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle hickory flavored barbecue sauce
- 4 slices ham, thickly sliced
- 4 slices monterey jack cheese
- green onion, chopped
- tomatoes, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Season chicken breasts with the pepper, garlic salt and Italian seasonings to your taste (i prefer well seasoned).
- Place chicken in well greased baking dish (13 x 9) and bake in oven until juices are clear and tender - about thirty minutes - do not overcook.
- Remove from oven and pour on barbeque sauce.
- Top each chicken breast with a slice of ham and then a slice of cheese on top of ham.
- Broil or bake for five minutes,or until cheese is melted.
- Serve topped with chopped green onions and tomatoes.
So good, and DH could not get enough of it!! Made with b/s chicken thighs, leftover baked ham slices and shredded cheddar cheese since that is what I had. Will be making this one again, it was super quick, easy and tasty! Made for Photo Tag.
Marvelous. It's still to early for us to actually BBQ but this tasty dish with the sauce was just as good. Easy to make and not all that bad on the health front (gotta love that). The guys really loved the cheese on it. :D