1/2 Photos of Smoky Refried Beans
Once you've made your own beans you will never go back to the can. There simply is no substitute. They are quick, simple, and delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium-low heat.
- 2Add whole garlic cloves and cook, turning once, until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- 3Smash garlic cloves with a fork just enough to break them open and flatten them a little.
- 4Add pintos and liquid and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- 5Add spices and salt to taste. Stir well.
- 6Turn the heat down to medium-low and smash beans with a big fork. You don't have to smash every single bean. Leave some whole for texture.
- 7When mashed to your liking, squeeze the lime juice all over the beans and serve warm.
- 8These beans make a great taco filling or tostada topping. My husband likes them mixed with a little salsa and eaten as a dip.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoky Refried Beans
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.6
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.0 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 12.8 g