1/5 Photos of Smoky Creamy Polenta With Sun-Dried Tomatoes
I came up with this to make for my Veal Osso Bucco Veal Osso Buco. This is so creamy smooth real comfort food! It's got a slight warming kick from the chipotle sauce. Polenta was known as a meal for the poor. Corn was introduced to the south of what is now Canton Ticino (the Italian part of Switzerland) in the beginning of the 17th century, which led to a change in the monotonous cuisine. But it took another 200 years before polenta became the staple dish of the area.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomato, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 40 ounces chicken broth or 40 ounces water
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili sauce (Don Enrique or use canned chipotle in adobe sauce minced)
- 1 cup coarse cornmeal
- 5 ounces brie cheese (Swiss Camembert or Tomme rind removed and cut into chunks)
- 1In a heavy bottom pot melt butter. Add onions season with the salt and cook for 3 minutes.
- 2Add pepper flakes if using, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic and cook until the aroma of the garlic is released, about 1 minute.
- 3Add Broth bring to a boil. Add chipotle sauce.
- 4Whisk in corn meal adding in a thin stream so not to clump stirring all the while. When all the corn meal is added lower the flame to medium.
- 5Stir with a wooden spoon till it comes from the sides of the pot. About 30 minutes. Add the brie and stir till melted and blended inches Or just mix so to leave some of the cheese still present!
- 6Ahh, the goodness of cheese! Watch this polenta change from just polenta to yummy, creamy, comforting polenta!
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoky Creamy Polenta With Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.9
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 28.7 mg
- Sodium 1052.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 11.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chili sauce