Recipe by kitchenslave03
From Cooking Light. You could substitute canned chipotle for the chipotle. Use any bean you like.
Top Review by Gabby Abby
Extra super yummy! My kids really liked this. If you like chili, and bread, you'll like this chili on a bun combo. My suggestion is to nix the bread and butter pickles. They really take away from the chili flavor.
- 1⁄2 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green pepper and onion, undrained
- 6 hamburger buns, toasted
- 6 tablespoons cheddar cheese, shredded
- 12 slices bread and butter pickles (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat large nonstick skillet over med-high. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add beef to pan and cook 4 min til browned, stirring to crumble.
- Add onion and garlic to pan; cook 2 min stirring frequently. Add cumin, chili powder, and chipotle; cook 30 seconds.
- Stir in ketchup, beans and tomatoes, cook 6 min or til slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon about 2/3 c beef mixture over bottom buns, top with cheese and pickles. Top with remaining buns.