Recipe by Sandy in Oklahoma
Carolyn Collins won 2nd place in the 2005 National Beef Cook-Off with this quick and easy recipe. And its soooo good!!
- 1 (17 ounce) packagerefrigerated fully-cooked beef tips in gravy
- 12 small corn tortillas, cut into 1-inch pieces (6 to 7-inch diameter)
- 1 1⁄2 cups Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (4 -4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, seeded, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro or 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine beef tips with gravy, tortillas, 1-1/2 cups cheese, enchilada sauce, chilies, onion, chipotle pepper and salt in large nonstick skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until tortilla pieces are softened and flavors are blended, stirring once.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and cilantro. Serve immediately.