Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe comes from the Food Network kitchen. Posted for Zaar World Tour 2005.
Make and share this Smokey Chili Roasted Broccoli recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, chopped (with or without seeds)
- 1 lime, juice and zest of (1 tablespoon)
- 1 bunch broccoli, stems peeled and quartered from top of florets through to bottom of stem (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Put the almonds, butter, garlic, chipotle, zest, and juice in a mini chopper and pulse to combine. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- Scatter the broccoli in a single layer on a sheet pan, toss in the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast until florets begin to brown but are still crisp, about 15 minutes.
- Stir into the bowl with the butter mixture until butter melts to completely coat the broccoli.
- Place back on the sheet pan and bake until tender and beginning to brown on top, about 10 minutes more.
- Serve warm.
great recipe! very unique. i forgot to buy almonds, so i used some toasted chopped pecans! it worked out great! i used 3 chipotles and doubled the garlic. thanks for sharing!!!
I made this to go with Cuban Spiced Pork Chops & Spicy Sweet Potatoes. I enjoyed it a lot, but wouldn't be able to feed it to DH because he dislikes his mouth being on fire. I did make a couple of changes. I didn't have chipotle in adobo, so I subbed ground chipotle and I only had 1 lime and needed some to marinate my chops as well so I used a mixture of lime, lemon, and orange juice in both (which was probably better for me anyway because lime is my least favorite of the 3). Also, I think next time I need to use smaller pieces of broccoli because they got a little stringy cooked this way and were hard to cut, but aside from that I enjoyed the texture too. Thanks for the recipe.
We liked the flavored butter but didn't care for the roasting technique for the broccoli.