Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Posted for ZWT6: Great Britain. Adapted from Gourmet magazine. Stilton is a British blue cheese, if you can't find it, I imagine that regular blue cheese could be substituted.
- 6 ounces Stilton cheese, crumbled and softened
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons bottled mango chutney (to taste)
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh parsley leaves
- fresh lemon juice, to taste
- four 5-inch lengths Italian bread or French bread, halved horizontally and toasted
- 3⁄4 lb smoked turkey breast, thinly sliced
- arugula or lettuce leaf
- In a small bowl mash together with a fork the Stilton, mayonnaise, chutney, parsley, lemon juice, and salt and pepper (to taste) until the mixture is combined well.
- Spread the halves of the bread with the Stilton mixture, and divide the turkey between the bottom halves of the bread.
- Top with the arugula and cover the sandwiches with the top halves of the bread.
Killer sandwich -- brimming with strong flavours. Absolutely loved it. In addition to a quality Stilton, I used a potent mango chutney from Sri Lanka and Best Ever Homemade Mayonnaise. Thanks very much for posting.
This was a very good sandwich. I used a local artisan bread and lettuce and parsley from the garden, but otherwise used the ingredients as listed. Instead of toasting the bread, and then spreading with the cheese, I toasted about 2/3 of the way, then spread the mixture and continued to toast, so that the spread would get warm and melty. Made for ZWT6.
It is always nice to try something that is sounds really different but ends up working. Over here, you can buy Stilton with various fruits such as mango or apricot in it. So, I knew that would work but was unsure mixed with the mayo and then with the turkey. It turned out to work though and make for a tasty sandwich. Made for Zee Zany Zesty Cookz for ZWT 6.