Recipe by noway
Posted for ZWT6: Great Britain. Adapted from Gourmet magazine. Stilton is a British blue cheese, if you can't find it, I imagine that regular blue cheese could be substituted.
Top Review by Leggy Peggy
Killer sandwich -- brimming with strong flavours. Absolutely loved it. In addition to a quality Stilton, I used a potent mango chutney from Sri Lanka and Recipe #207860. Thanks very much for posting.
- 6 ounces Stilton cheese, crumbled and softened
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons bottled mango chutney (to taste)
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh parsley leaves
- fresh lemon juice, to taste
- four 5-inch lengths Italian bread or French bread, halved horizontally and toasted
- 3⁄4 lb smoked turkey breast, thinly sliced
- arugula or lettuce leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl mash together with a fork the Stilton, mayonnaise, chutney, parsley, lemon juice, and salt and pepper (to taste) until the mixture is combined well.
- Spread the halves of the bread with the Stilton mixture, and divide the turkey between the bottom halves of the bread.
- Top with the arugula and cover the sandwiches with the top halves of the bread.