Recipe by Queen Dragon Mom
Quick, easy and just delicious on pizza or in a salsa. Also a good way to preserve lots of cherry tomatoes. Prepare your smoker as you normally would, keeping the temperature around 225F. Any wood can be used, it's a matter of personal taste and future use of the finished product.
Directions See How It's Made
- Place tomatoes on oiled smoker rack, sprinkle with vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Smoke tomatoes for 12 minutes. Remove and cool.
- For larger batches, just keep cycling the tomatoes. A lot can be done in a short time.
- smoked tomatoes.
- parmesan, freshly grated.
- top maters with cheese, place under broiler or on grill until cheese is melted.
- Cut up tomatoes, combine with red wine, olive oil and herbs in a saucepan. Reduce to desired consistency.
- Use your imagination. These are really nice to have for a different flavor on pizzas, bruschetta, pico de gallo, pretty much anything.