1 hr 30 mins
Another Barefoot Contessa recipe, this one is from The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon scallion, white and green parts, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 1 loaf dense seven-grain bread or 1 loaf health bread
- 8 slices smoked salmon
- 1For the herb butter, combine all the butter ingredients in a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat until mixed, but do not whip.
- 2For the sandwiches, have the store slice the bread lengthwise into 1/4 inch -thick slices. (if that isn't possible, you can slice it crosswise with a very sharp knife).
- 3Lay out 8 slices of bread and spread them all with a thin layer of herb butter. Place smoked salmon on 4 of the slices. Top with the other slice of bread, butter side down.
- 4Place the sandwiches on a baking sheet and wrap with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until the butter is very cold.
- 5Place the sandwiches on a cutting board.
- 6With a very sharp knife, cut off crusts, cut each large sandwich in half crosswise, and then cut each half diagonally twice to make a total of 8 small triangles.
- 7If the bread was cut crosswise, follow assembly directions, then cut off crusts, and cut diagonally twice to make 4 small triangles.
- 8Serve chilled.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Salmon Tea Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 51.1
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 55.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: