This is an excellent pate, the recipe is easy to double or halve and is very quick to make! It is rich but over the years that I have made this, I already cut back on the amount of butter from the original recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter in a small saucepan, let it cool slightly.
- 2Place the salmon in your food processor.
- 3With the machine running add the butter until you have a smooth pate.
- 4Remove the mix from the food processor bowl and add the lemon juice, cream and check the seasoning.
- 5Line a dish with plastic wrap and spoon in the pate, leave in the fridge until needed but at least for 30 to 40 minutes.
- 6Remove from the fridge 30 minutes before serving.
- 7Turn the pate out on to a dish, remove the plastic wrap, garnish with a ring of cucumber slices around the pate.
- 8Serve with homemade Melba Toast#24802 or#40247.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Salmon Pate
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.3
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 18.3 g
- Cholesterol 100.3 mg
- Sodium 605.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 11.7 g