Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an excellent pate, the recipe is easy to double or halve and is very quick to make! It is rich but over the years that I have made this, I already cut back on the amount of butter from the original recipe!
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan, let it cool slightly.
- Place the salmon in your food processor.
- With the machine running add the butter until you have a smooth pate.
- Remove the mix from the food processor bowl and add the lemon juice, cream and check the seasoning.
- Line a dish with plastic wrap and spoon in the pate, leave in the fridge until needed but at least for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge 30 minutes before serving.
- Turn the pate out on to a dish, remove the plastic wrap, garnish with a ring of cucumber slices around the pate.
- Serve with homemade Melba Toast#24802 or#40247.
This is good! One word of advice (something I learned after making this twice): If your salmon tastes too salty for your taste, it will still taste too salty even after adding the rest of these ingredients! Use a smoked salmon you really like!
Suited the English very well!
I used wild smoked salmon, skin and all ( I would remove the skin for company ). It is very delicious. A bowl of ice under the serving bowl will keep it fresher longer.