1/4 Photos of Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese Roll
Delicious appetizer!! The spices used in this can be changed to suit your taste, I have used just Dill weed at times, but I do like a little bite in it. Chill time 2 hours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon spanish paprika, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon lemongrass and chili spice mix (Hot, more if you wish)
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 8 -10 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 1In a food processor or blender, (or use an electric beater), combine cheese, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic,onion, paprika, parsley and Lemongrass/chili.
- 2Process until combined and smooth.
- 3Spoon onto a piece of plastic wrap and shape into a 6 inch roll.
- 4Wrap salmon slices around cheese roll to cover, except ends.
- 5Roll to press salmon to cheese.
- 6Wrap tightly in new piece of plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.
- 7Cut roll into 1/4 inch slices, serve on crackers or pieces of bagel.
- 8(If Lemongrass& Chilli is not available, (I was lucky enough to have a lovely person send me some from New Zealand, wonderful stuff!), use your favourite Hot spice.).
- 9An alternate way to do these, works well.
- 10Use unsliced, home smoked salmon, broken into small pieces and add to the mix after processing, so that there are little lumps of the smoked salmon. Roll in the plastic wrap and freeze until using. Then wrap very thin slices around roll after defrosting.
- 11You could even freeze the rolls without any salmon after wrapping and wrap with the slices of salmon when serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese Roll
Serving Size: 1 (502 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 45.4
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 12.7 mg
- Sodium 106.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemongrass and chili spice mix