Recipe by Wild Thyme Flour
This is an elegan salad perfect for a buffet. Serves 10. If you are expecting Vegetarians make a batch and replace the salmon with quail's eggs. This salad can be made a day ahead but keep every thisng seperate, potatoes in a covered bowl, chopped salmon in another container and the dressing in a jar.
- 1 kg baby potato (new potato)
- 80 g capers (in vinegar)
- 200 g smoked salmon
- 2 teaspoons coarse grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cognac (* optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives (or fresh dill)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes until tender. Peel or leave the peel on and just slice in half when cold.
- Cut the salmon into strips and mix with the capers.
- place the dressing ingredients except for the herbs and blend until emulsified. Add the herbs.
- Mix all the ingredients gently by hand and place in a large glass bowl.
- Sprinkle a few more chopped herbs on top.