Prep 10 mins
Cook 17 mins
I LOVE smoked oysters!!! But when you put them out for company they freak! LOL!!! (They ARE ugly lil' buggers! But so good!!) So to make them "pretty", I make them this way. Then people who do actually like them aren't given funny looks and don't shy away from them! And those who think they don't, actually give them a shot! LOL!!!) Hope you try them, too!
- 1 (8 ounce) package crescent rolls
- 16 smoked oysters, 1 can medium to large
- 1 -2 tablespoon stone ground mustard, or your choice but GOOD kind
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- ground parmesan cheese, the green can kind works best
- dried dill
- Seperate crescent dough triangles, and cut in half lengthwise with a sharp knife.
- You'll end up with 16 skinny triangles.
- Spread each thinly with approximately 1/4 teaspoons stone ground (or spicy) mustard. (Or mustard of your choice.) It doesn't need very much.
- Pour off oil, and drain oysters on paper towels to rid them of all the oil they pack them inches.
- At wide end of each, place 1-2 oysters, depending on size and how many you have, and roll up rolling towards pointed end.
- Place each, point side-down onto cookie sheet.
- In small bowl, whisk egg, add water, whisk til mixed.
- Lightly brush each with egg wash.
- Lightly sprinkle each with parmesan and a little bit of dried dill.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 12-15 minutes, or til light golden brown.
- Can serve with lemon slices if desired.
Haven't fixed them yet, (don't need to, smoked Oyster are always great any way you can get them) on my gro list for this weekend, can hardly wait.