1/1 Photo of Smoked Mussel Soup
A rich bisque-type soup that is easy to make using canned soup and mussels, but tastes "fancy".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 (3 2/3 ounce) cans smoked mussels, drained and mashed with a fork into a paste
- 1 fresh tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried herbs, mixed (thyme, marjoram, oregano, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry (not cooking sherry)
- 1 pinch sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1In a large saucepan, mix the chicken soup, mussel paste, tomato, milk and water and bring to a boil over medium heat. Remove from the heat.
- 2Combine the dry herbs, flour and cream. Add to the soup mixture and stir over low heat until hot, but not boiling.
- 3Remove from heat and add the sherry and sugar. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 4Serve in bowls with slices of crusty bread.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Mussel Soup
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.9
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 66.9 mg
- Sodium 404.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: