Recipe by Outta Here
A rich bisque-type soup that is easy to make using canned soup and mussels, but tastes "fancy".
Top Review by pammyowl
I thought I would love this, I love lobster and crab bisque, but it didn't really work for me, too rich is the only way I can think of to describe it. It was a fun experiment, though, thanks Mikekey! Made for please make my recipe 2013
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 (3 2/3 ounce) cans smoked mussels, drained and mashed with a fork into a paste
- 1 fresh tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried herbs, mixed (thyme, marjoram, oregano, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry (not cooking sherry)
- 1 pinch sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, mix the chicken soup, mussel paste, tomato, milk and water and bring to a boil over medium heat. Remove from the heat.
- Combine the dry herbs, flour and cream. Add to the soup mixture and stir over low heat until hot, but not boiling.
- Remove from heat and add the sherry and sugar. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve in bowls with slices of crusty bread.