Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy and simple pate. You can serve the pate in small ramekins or in one large dish. I line a dish (approx 2 cup capacity) with cling film and then turn the pate out, garnish with the capers and cayenne and lemon wedges. Serve with thin toasted bread.
- 10 ounces smoked mackerel
- 4 ounces ricotta cheese
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 -2 tablespoon lemon juice or 1 -2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped capers (optional)
- 1 pinch paprika or 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 lemon, cut in wedges
- Skin the fillets, add the mackerel with the ricotta, sour cream, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, paprika and some salt and pepper, to the bowl of the food processor.
- Blend until completely smooth, stop sometimes to scrape down the sides.
- Taste to see if you want to add more lemon or salt and pepper.
- Mix in the chives.
- Transfer to a serving dish, chill for a few hours.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle with cayenne or paprika powder, chopped capers and serve with lemon wedges.
Absolutely declicious,and couldn't be simpler. Thanks for posting
Lovely pate - with all the components 'right on'. Keeper.