Recipe by Amberngriffinco
In Summer of 99, new to CO, I caught the ending of Paul Prudhomme making something close to this on a TV news show.. AMOUNTS ARE APPROXIMATE. I found the ingredients odd, but we love this recipe.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded even
- 8 ounces smoked gouda cheese, cut up
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, freshly grated
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 3 slices smoked gouda cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream or 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- water, and
- cornstarch, slurry if needed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skilled, heat up about 3 Tablespoons butter at medium heat.
- Flour chicken and shake off excess.
- Brown chicken breasts and remove from heat, keep warm.
- Add chicken broth to pan, deglazing browned bits. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and add smoked gouda chunks and stir till cheese melts. Add in grated ginger root.
- When cheese is melted, add slurry if you want a thicker sauce, then add in sour cream or yogurt. Blend well.
- Carefully add chicken breasts back in, top with one sliced of smoked gouda on each, sprinkle green onions and remove from heat. Cover until cheese on top melts.
- serve with rice or noodles. LOTS of sauce.