Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Most Florida restaurants have their own version of smoked fish dip. It is often served as an appetizer, but I could make a meal with it, if I don't run out of crackers!
- 3 cups smoked fish fillet
- 16 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- parsley (to garnish)
- Remove skin and bones from fish and separate into individual flakes with a fork.
- Mix cream cheese, lemon juice, and onion.
- Whip until smooth and fluffy.
- Add fish and parsley and mix.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Serve with assorted crackers.
The flavor of this dish was good, but it seemed like it needed just a little something else to set it apart from the smoked salmon cream cheese that you can buy in a tub. I used smoked salmon. Maybe horseradish or cayenne pepper?