1/3 Photos of Smoked and Fresh Salmon Rillettes
Elly in Canada's Note:
The owner of the Clair de Lune restaurant located in the heart of Ottawa's Byward Market in Ontario served this to his many well-known patrons; when he retired and closed his restaurant he shared this famous recipe, a favourite of our late prime minister Pierre Elliot Trudeau. Source: a news article on the internet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Note: All ingredients must be at room temperature. Chilling time of 6 hours not included in cook time.
- 2Brush olive oil over fresh salmon; wrap in aluminum foil and cook in oven preheated to 400 degreesF (200 degreesC) for 8 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- 3Break up cooked salmon by hand into smaller chunks of about 1/2 inch (12 mm). Cut smoked salmon into similar-size pieces.
- 4Chop shallots, capers and chives and hand mix in a stainless steel bowl with cooked salmon, smoked salmon, yogurt, lime juice and clarified butter.
- 5Mix in Tabasco, then place mixture in a 4-cup (1-L) terrine mould and refrigerate, covered, 6 hours.
- 6Serve sliced 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick with Pommeroy Mustard Mayonnaise (3 parts mayonnaise to 1 part grainy mustard).
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked and Fresh Salmon Rillettes
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.8
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 66.9 mg
- Sodium 195.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 21.5 g