Recipe by Lan
This recipe is credited to Fiorella's Jack Stack Barbecue in Kansas City, MO. Nothing like Kansas City barbecue, and this is a very popular side dish served at the "Stack."
Top Review by jillcomeau
As a Kansas Citian - I have a great appreciation for SmokeStack and they're Cheesy Corn Bake is no exception. I make the recipe as printed with a few minor changes. I increase the garlic to 1/4 tsp, add 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper and about 1 Tbsp. of heavy cream when folding in the corn and ham. Delicous!!
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 teaspoons flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp American cheese, shredded
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, cut up
- 3 (10 ounce) packages frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 3 ounces diced ham