Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I don't cook with boxed mixes but this comes together in 10 minutes, so who needs one? These are moist and springy and your house will smell wonderful! Great for breakfast, too. Warm or cold, these are yummy. Enjoy...
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ (optional)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix together all dry ingredients in a medium size mixing bowl. Whisk together all wet ingredients in a small bowl. Mix wet ingredients into the dry, just until thoroughly moistened. Mixture will be thick.
- Divide evenly among greased muffin tins or use cupcake papers in the tins (that's what I do).
- Bake at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove tins from oven and cool on rack for 5 minutes. Remove muffins from tins and finish cooling on rack.