Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this potato recipe by Giada de Laurentis on Food Network. They're definitely a different taste than your regular smashed potatoes! Not recommended for one who doesn't like a lot of parmesan or olive oil!!! (
- 3 lbs baby red potatoes, unpeeled & halved
- 2⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine the potatoes in a large pot of water. Cover and bring the water to a boil.
- Continue boiling until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Drain, reserving 3/4 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Return the potatoes to the pot. Coarsely mash the potatoes, adding enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten.
- Using a large fork, stir in the Parmesan and the oil. Season the potatoes, to taste, with salt and pepper and serve.
I made this recipe with Yukon Gold potatoes. It is very good. Some of the Parmesan I grated and some of it it diced into small cubes.
These were very good smashed potatoes. I downsized the recipe to just a couple healthy sized servings for Hubby and myself. They made an excellent side with Recipe #56103 for Recipe #222881. It was comfort food at its finest.